Thursday, November 29, 2018

Unity free tutorials

This week for the Unity free tutorials I chose two tutorials that I thought would be great assets to my game. The first tutorial I watched was 'How to make a mini map' by Jimmy Vegas. I began by right clicking my player and creating a camera. I then dragged the camera upwards to create a downwards angle on the player. From here I created a render texture to create the mini map. I then went to game objects, UI and created a raw image where I also edited the height and width. Lastly for this tutorial I created a small circle that would indicate where the player is on the map.

The next tutorial I watched was another one by Jimmy Vegas called 'How to create a main menu'. I started in the main camera section where I created a button from the game object section. I then created a play button and a quit button which I scripted for using Javascript to link the buttons. These are the main menu buttons which have two functions. From there I dragged and dropped the script to the game object and applied the script. Finally I was able to create my animated main menu.

I found these tutorials to be very helpful as they really helped me to create important aspects that I'd like to include in my own game. I find that choosing my own tutorials is helping me to further develop my game and get it to a decent standard.

Game
Image here

No comments:

Post a Comment