Sunday, November 25, 2018

First Playable

This week using Unity I developed my game further. So far I'm finding Unity a bit difficult as some of the simpler aspects have stopped working since I updated the Unity software to the latest version. Despite this I still tried my best to further develop my game as I'd like to at least make it look how I envisioned it in my game design document.

This week I further developed my game this week by creating a couple of gems which will be hidden in the tall grass and trees within my game. I also successfully added in my chosen background music which I'm fairly proud of as not many things in Unity have worked for me this week! I chose a calm, mellow piece of background music that will loop throughout my game while it's being played.
The textures, materials, music and structures are working well for me.

The main problem I had with Unity this week is unexplained really somehow my game scenery has turned red. This happened as I was adding textures so it might have something to do with that.
My plan for the future week is to hopefully create and structure some more houses on the island as I mentioned in my previous post Unity crashed many times and erased my building structures so I plan on recreating them in the coming week. I also plan on adding some bloom aspects and some sound fx.

This is what my game looked like before it suddenly turned red.


Game image


5 comments:

  1. hey Robyn,
    Just read through your blog sorry to hear you are having some problems, for a bit of reassurance i too am having problems with unity, in the fact that my company thinks its funny to load it up let me do work then suddenly shut down and delete all my work!
    hope you got your problems sovled and thanks a mil for the comment on my blog it was a nice read :) best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robyn! Your game is looking good by the screenshot! It looks like you have the basics sorted. That's really nice that you added in your background music. Background music will really help to add to the whole experience your player will go through when they play your game. It's all about the little things! It sounds like the music will really reflect the mellow tone of your game too which is cool. Sorry to hear your having problems with Unity. I've had a good few issues myself. Sometimes I find when I close Unity down and open it again later the issue that I had is gone. Hopefully that's the case for the redness of your game!! If not, I definitely recommend going over to Unity's website forums. Maybe someone had the same problem as you and found a way to fix it? Hope all goes well for the rest of your game development anyway! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robyn!,
    I really enjoyed reading through your First Playable blog post for this module for your game project. I found it to be quite interesting and intriguing to read about. I can already tell that this game will be awesome and successful because of how much work and thought that you put into your game. I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with Unity. I'm also having a lot of problems with it. Once I added a scene into my project and it erased everything on me. So that was just one major issue there. Now I'm having a problem with using assets from the asset store that throw up lots of errors because some folders have the same name? Now I can't even enter play mode. I suppose everyone is having problems. I have now resolved my earlier issues by just starting over again and I honestly don't know how many times I have started over again at this point. Perhaps someone had the same issue as you and they found a way to fix it? Anyways I'm sure you will be able to resolve this issue. I can't wait to see your final game because I'm already intrigued. Overall great game development. Great blog ! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robyn,
    I enjoyed reading through your First Playable, it was interesting to see how you are getting on with your game and I can see that is turning out amazing so fair play my dear. Im just wondering how your game went read because that is so strange and weird, I wonder if its just a small glitch and if you tried to open your game on another laptop would it look normal maybe give that a try at one point. I love the look of your game you are lucky you took a screenshot before the redness happened because you can get a real feel for the mood you are going for and want the player to feel. I am really impressed with your work so far keep it up !!!!. Hopefully you won't have as many problems with unity in the future it can really be an absolute pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete