Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Week 8 comments and feedback

I find that giving comments and feedback to fellow students helps a lot on both ends giving and receiving comments and feedback. From looking at the comments and feedback on my blog posts up to this point I can say that they're all very positive with constructive criticism and suggestions for my game. Many of the comments outline and praise what I've done well and also suggest how I could incorporate different aspects into my game. I've been inspired nearly every week by these comments from other CDM Year 2 students and it's helped me improve my overall performance and motivated me to do my best at this module and other modules in general.

I enjoy reading new blogs from my fellow peers each week and leaving a comment on either their blog posts or on their Dundoc project telling them how great they're doing and making suggestions for their games if they're stuck or unsure of what to include in them. From my personal experience I find the comments that tell me what I'm doing good and how I could implement different aspects or elements into my game to be the most useful as I genuinely find it helpful and become inspired from these comments in particular.

When I'm giving feedback and comments to other students in the class I always like to start by telling them what they're doing great and then stating what I liked in particular and end with making some suggestions with constructive criticism that I hope will be of use to them. My aim is to make the comment as helpful as possible. I'm often inspired by the amount of detail that others include in their posts and projects so I take that into consideration when writing my own posts on my blog or when I was creating my Dundoc.

What I enjoy most about the comments and feedback aspects of this module is that I've gotten to  know a lot more people in the year, bonded with them and started new friendships. I love reading a different introduction post or two each week as I get to know these people much better by learning about how they work, what they like and how they are as a person in general.

Looking back on my introduction post I can sense the nerves of writing my first blog post about myself. It seems a bit too structured and organised instead of free-flowing which is actually the type of person that I am, very laid back and easy-going so I don't think this comes across in my introduction post because I was nervous about people learning about me as a person as funny as that sounds! However it does state everything that I'm about and what I love in life (my cat).

I think my blog comments left by others on my blog are perfectly fine as they are. I find them to be really helpful and useful. I'm actually proud of my blog and the level of content that I included in it as I did my absolute best everyday of each week that we had a blog assignment to do. I think this learning technique should really be used in more modules as it's a fun way of learning while also getting to know your peers and developing new friendships with others.

Friendship image
Image here

No comments:

Post a Comment