Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

The reading and writing assignments for me were very helpful. I found it to be a good, quick way of learning about different subjects from firstly reading the articles, making key notes and bullet points then writing about what I've learned in that article. I think it's a more effective way of learning and although I had to push myself to do it some weeks I ended up learning a lot. My favourite reading so far has been the article from reading week 6. This article taught me all about cozy games. I learned what they are, what elements they include, key elements and how to incorporate them into games. I really liked this particular article as it's relevant to my own game that I'm making, although it's a thriller game it includes many cozy elements. It helped me to expand more in my game design document too. I refer back to this article often when developing my game so I can remind myself of cozy game elements that I wish to include in my game and how to create them in the game itself.

I've used this technique of reading and writing more in my other modules now as I felt it made a huge difference in learning information for me as I sometimes forget what I've read so it helps a lot to write notes as I'm reading then summarize it to myself. I'm happy with the level of work I've put into my blog and my blog posts. I do struggle a bit with Unity but I'm trying my best to create the game that I've envisioned over the past few months. My biggest accomplishment for this class would be to create every aspect I've included in my game design document and create my desired game.

Animal Crossing

This is my favourite image from a previous blog post of mine. I used this image when writing for the cozy game article in reading week 6. I chose this image as it's colorful and fun. It's also a perfect example of a cozy game. It also has a good representation of a 'cozy' environment. It's a very striking visual representation of a cozy game too as various cozy elements can be seen in this image. This image also resonates with me as Animal Crossing was and still is my favourite type of game to play ever since I was young. Looking at this image emitts a happy or positive feeling as all the characters can be seen smiling and looking rather happy. I also felt that a happy image was needed during this time as college was a bit tense!

I'm happy with the learning experiences that I'm getting out of these reading and writing exercises every week. They help me learn more efficiently and I find this technique very useful to have in my other modules too. Since I've started this type of learning in Multimedia Development I've incorporated it into my daily life. I think it'd genuinely be helpful to incorporate this learning technique into other modules and year groups as I think I would of benefited from this technique greatly in my first year of college as it's a new environment and there's a lot of ground work to cover at that time. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post, this line has made my semester "I've used this technique of reading and writing more in my other modules now as I felt it made a huge difference in learning information for me as I sometimes forget what I've read so it helps a lot to write notes as I'm reading then summarize it to myself." The skills we have worked on this semester are transferable to all of your learning, this is the main point of the module of delivery

    ReplyDelete