Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Game Design

From reading all six of these game based articles i can clearly state that each one was lengthy yet informative and interesting. The Essence of Euro-style games article explored what makes a Euro game Euro, their characteristics and why they've become so popular while Pulling the Plug: In Defense of Non-Digital Teaching and Learning explored the reasons why we should use non-electronic games to teach and learn electronic game design. I found this last article to be very educational and informative as I gained some insight into prototyping a game and the nature of non-electronic games.

The article called So You're Going To Make A Game For The Very First Time was probably my favorite as it takes you through the steps required to make a game for the first time and which parts are the most important. This article was very useful as soon I'll have to make a game for one of my modules and I'm a beginner.
The series of understanding games was also helpful and playful as they educated the reader in a more entertaining fashion which grabbed my attention as I've never encountered anything like that before.


Game Design

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robyn, sorry to hear that the articles were lengthy hope they did not bore you too much. Glad to hear that you felt like you could make use of the reading. I look forward to seeing your work and how you implement what you read into your designs.

    ReplyDelete