Thursday, October 25, 2018

Unity tutorial 05

In this weeks series of Unity tutorials I learned how to further develop the standard and aspects of my game. Tutorial 06 dove into more detail about UI elements and used Raycast again this week. I also learned how to create more UI elements and how to adjust/align them with an 'action key/text'. An action key/text is an on screen description of the instructions that tell us what to do next. 
Next we learned how to add in extra cursor elements while slightly touching on fonts. I then learned how to create an action such as picking up a gem by using the action display and text. 
We then went on to learn about adding a raw image to the cursor which I then renamed. From here I created a script which I named "collect gem", I then learned how to edit it in the visual studio section of Unity. Lastly in this tutorial we learned how to add variables such as the distance from the player casting script.

Tutorial 07 taught us how to create more environment elements and how to create a weapon for the character using animation. The tutorial was helpful in this part as it started from the basics of animation instead of an advanced animation. I then learned how to improve my environmental elements by adding in a fence, playing with the size and adding a box collider which prevents the player from being able to walk through objects like the fence. 
Next we learned how to create the weapon for the character by downloading an axe element and attaching it to the first person controller. The tutorial then went through how to adjust the size of the axe and how to create a cube to contain the axe. For the animation part we created an animations folder and created an animation within it called "swing axe". Then I learned how to record the animation in order to make it loop or play once and learned how to move between key frames. 

I found these tutorials to be well explained and informative. They helped me learn how I can further develop my own game by using animation and UI elements. I had no trouble with this tutorial as I took my time creating each aspect. 

Game animation

No comments:

Post a Comment